Blog Background

Monday, March 4, 2013

The Power of a Compliment

So I've been kind of down today.  I got a letter from my best friend last night that has made me worried sick about her all day.  I don't know what to do and I wish I could help her more.  I've been kind of grouchy because I want to do more.  I haven't had a good outlook on the day at all.  And I should.  It is sunny and happy out side and I am sad and dim inside.  Anyways, I've been doing homework all day.  I emailed an assignment to my ESL teacher.  I expected an email back from her because she always sends one to let me know that she got my assignment.  What I didn't expect was the simple act of kindness she returned.  

This was her response:


"Got it! Thanks!

PS I loved your blue sequin top that you wore to class! I was going to tell you last week, but didn't get the chance! :-)"



So simple, yet so powerful.  This compliment hasn't made me worry any less about my dear friend, but it has changed my perspective on the day.  I am now seeing this beautiful day as it really is.  Bright, sunny, and happy.  I'm not dreading (as much) my two classes tonight.  Mostly because my last class is with this wonderful teacher who probably doesn't realize the power behind her simple compliment.

You never know how that simple compliment is going to effect someone's day.  So the next time you get that urge to tell someone you like their hair, their smile, their attitude, or even their blue sequin top don't brush it by.  Act on it.  You might just turn their sad gloomy day around.

Go compliment someone today :)
 

Love Always... Chaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment